Australia Sales Manager
We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager to lead our Melbourne showroom and office.
This role is responsible for developing, driving & managing our Australian wholesale strategy and sales growth. It involves the management of our Australian sales & distribution team, the showroom and warehouse. Currently our Australian office consists of three staff. Kowtow is a growth company and we expect the team to grow. Previous experience in a sales and managerial role for a fashion brand or company selling into NSW, VIC and QLD markets is essential.
You will have extensive experience working with high-end fashion brands, managing and maintaining existing accounts and finding new ones. You must have a proven target based sales record & be confident developing, planning and executing sales strategies, managing sales forecasts, stock management and budgets.
Travel is required interstate and to visit our head office of twenty staff in Wellington, New Zealand. You will report to Head of Sales and Head of Operations, work with our head office marketing & sales teams in New Zealand and be responsible for the daily operations in Melbourne.
Kowtow is a global, sustainable and ethical clothing label with a high growth strategy. Kowtow is stocked in 60 stores across Australia and over 200 stores worldwide. We present our collections each season in Copenhagen, Berlin, Paris, NY, Tokyo, Melbourne and Wellington. For more information please visit www.kowtowclothing.com
- Reach & exceed sales targets
- Research, develop and drive sales strategies and growth plans
- Account management, searching for new Australian business, maintaining and growing existing accounts. Managing other members of the sales team in these tasks
- In-season and indent sales
- Organising & attending interstate sales trips, regular in-season store visits & research trips
- Account training, store events and store promotions
- Finding new selling avenues and approaches
- Lead, manage and develop the Australian sales and warehouse team to ensure they meet targets and KPI’s
- Stock buying, planning and management for Australian market
- Budget and expense management
- Organise pop-up shops and other Australian sales events
- Maintain company image and brand cohesion
- Regular communication with NZ head office, reporting to Head of Sales
Candidates will require:
- A fashion industry professional with extensive background in wholesale sales
- Proven track record of delivering outstanding growth in sales and reaching targets
- Leadership & Management experience
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills
- High level of personal presentation
- Excellent analytical, numerical and reporting skills
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Must be flexible, open to change, able to demonstrate initiative & problem solve
- Mac, gmail, google drive and calendars, Microsoft Office
- Stock management and B2B experience, ideally Cin7 and Joor
- A passion for the Kowtow brand and helping us grow the Australian market
- Interest and awareness in ethical and sustainable lifestyle
This is a full-time 6 month contract, with the view to extend if KPI’s are met
Applications close 12th January 2018. Email cover letter and resume to Sarah Williams, email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, only applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.