Terms & Conditions
- Kowtow terms & conditions policy follows the requirements of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- By placing an order at us.kowtowclothing.com you are agreeing to all Kowtow terms & conditions and information on this page.
- Kowtow reserve the right to change any information on the eu.kowtowclothing.com website at any time.
- Kowtow Clothing Ltd is based in New Zealand. All orders and transactions are covered by New Zealand law.
- All prices listed on us.kowtowclothing.com are based in US Dollars (USD$).
Kowtow Clothing Ltd accepts the following forms of payment:
All transactions are securely processed by Shopify Payments and PayPal.When converting prices to another currency or when an order payment is charged to a credit card, a slight price variation of between 2% and 5% may occur due to fluctuating exchange rates and credit card company charges.
Kowtow aims to be as accurate as possible when describing the products featured on our site. However, Kowtow does not guarantee that the product description or other content on this site is 100% accurate, complete, reliable or error free and reserves the right to modify without prior notice.
Every effort has been made to portray the colours of our products that appear on this website as accurately as possible. However, colour accuracy depends on screen calibrations and standards, Kowtow cannot guarantee that all screen display of colour will match the garment exactly.
- Gift cards are issued in US Dollars (USD$), for use on the Kowtow US site only (us.kowtowclothing.com).
- Gift cards are activated at the time of purchase and remain open for a period of 12 months unless specified otherwise.
- Gift cards may be applied to purchases in another currency, however slight price variations may occur due to fluctuating exchange rates.
- Whole or partially redeemed gift cards cannot be cancelled or refunded.
- If the gift card is for a lesser amount than the desired purchase, the recipient is required to pay the difference at checkout via alternative payment methods.
- Gift cards should be treated like cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Kowtow will not accept responsibility for lost or stolen gift cards.
- Returned items purchased with a gift card will have their value refunded back to the original gift card
- Kowtow reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without notice.
Discount Codes, Sale Items and Promotional Offers
- Sale and promotional offers are valid for a limited time, and cannot be applied to previous purchases.
- Unless specified otherwise, discount codes are applicable to full priced items only and exclude limited releases and other brands.
- Discount codes cannot be used in conjunction with other offers or promotions.
- All discounts are applied before shipping and tax.
By placing an order on us.kowtowclothing.com you accept the following terms and conditions. Products purchased on eu.kowtowclothing.com are for personal use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to refuse orders if we feel Terms and Conditions have been breached.
Wellington Flagship Store Repair Programme
We cannot accept garments sent by courier or post. This service applies to Kowtow garments only. This service excludes tailoring and alterations. Garments are subject to evaluation prior to accepting repair and must be clean. We cannot repair rips, fabric flaws, pills or marked garments. Repairs are done by hand and may require up to 14 working days for completion.
Kowtow Clothing Ltd is not responsible for purchases that are unable to be processed due to technical difficulties with the website or unavailability of products. Kowtow shall not be liable to you or any third parties for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive damages allegedly sustained arising out of your access to or inability to access this website. This includes viruses alleged to have been obtained from the website, your use of or reliance on the website or any of the information or materials available on the website, regardless of the type of claim or the nature of the cause of action.
The content and design of this website and all products are copyright and belong to Kowtow Clothing Ltd. "Kowtow" is a registered trademark.
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com or call us on +64 4 916 5325. We are open Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm (New Zealand time).
A cookie is a small text file that is saved to and retrieved from your computer or mobile device. If you use our site and have cookies on your browser, we understand this as accepting our usage of cookies.
Who has access to your personal data?
Data forwarded to third parties is only used to optimize our site and to present you with relevant marketing material. These include: MailChimp, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr and Twitter.
How long do we store your data?
Kowtow Clothing Ltd does not store your data. You can erase cookies from your computer or mobile device, or you can choose to disable cookies or to receive a notification each time a new cookie is sent from your computer or mobile device. Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of all our features.
We firmly believe in protecting your privacy and the security of your personal information. We do not rent, sell or distribute our customer base or newsletter subscribers to anyone. We also do not store your credit card details on our server, all credit card purchases are processed through a PayPal secure payment gateway.
Who controls your personal data?
Kowtow Clothing Ltd is the controller of the personal data you submit and is responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law.
Who can access your data?
We do not sell your data. Data that is forwarded to third parties we utilise; MailChimp, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr and Twitter is only used to provide you with our services.
What are your rights?
Right to access:
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to provide you with your personal data via e-mail.
Right to portability:
Whenever Kowtow Clothing Ltd processes your personal data, based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
Right to rectification:
You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if it is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed. If you have a Kowtow account you can email email@example.com to edit your personal data. If you are a newsletter subscriber, you can update your subscriber information through the link in the footer of our newsletters.
Right to erasure:
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by Kowtow Clothing Ltd at any time except for the following situations:
- You have an ongoing matter with Customer Service.
- You have an open order which has not yet been shipped.
- You have an unsettled debt with Kowtow Clothing Ltd.
- You are suspected or have misused our services within the last four years.
- You have made a purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction for bookkeeping rules.
- Erasure of any personal data withdraws the ability for Kowtow Clothing Ltd to trace previous proof of purchase and may prevent opportunity to exchange or refund an item.
Right to object to processing based on legitimate interest:
You have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on Kowtow legitimate interest. Kowtow will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate a legitimate ground for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
Right to object to direct marketing:
You have the right to object to direct marketing. You can opt out from direct marketing by following the instructions in the footer of each newsletter.
How can you exercise your rights?
We take data protection very seriously and have dedicated customer service personnel who handle your requests in relation to your personal data and rights as stated above. If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates to our Privacy Notice:
We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. The latest version of the Privacy Notice is always available on our website.